Call for Assistance: 02033 259 341
Spondoo Accounting
Call for Assistance: 02033 259 341
Spondoo Accounting

HMRC Compliance Duties after you receive Advanced Assurance under SEIS & EIS

May 27, 2021

Through receiving your Advanced Assurance you can give your prospective investors a reasonable degree of certainty that your business qualifies for the SEIS & EIS tax benefits.  

What the company needs to file to HMRC when you are issuing SEIS & EIS Shares 

You will of course need to continually check that you still qualify for both SEIS & EIS, respectively. This is particularly important as you begin to allow investors to subscribe to the shares in your business, but you won’t need to file anything new to HMRC until the business has successfully closed their initial funding round in addition to meeting one of the following milestones: 

  • Been actively trading for at least 4 months 
  • Spend at least 70% of the monies raised via the relevant share subscription 

Once the above milestone has been met, you will need to submit one or both of the following forms depending on your situation: 

  • Compliance Statement – Form SEIS 1 
  • Compliance Statement – Form EIS 1 

!! Warning !! If you are registered for SEIS as well as EIS, you need to ensure that the share issued are clearly separate and issued in different tranches, and this separation is clearly reflected in your legal documentation as well as Companies House. 

What the company receives back from HMRC and what you need to give your SEIS & EIS Investors 

Assuming there are no issues with the Compliance Statement(s), HMRC will issue the following forms to the business: 

  • Form SEIS 2 
  • Form EIS 2 

In addition to the above, they will issue forms below that the business will need to complete and give to the relevant investors: 

  • Form SEIS 3 
  • Form EIS 3 


How do the investors obtain their SEIS & EIS tax relief 

After receiving the forms SEIS and/or EIS 3 from the business, they can use this to complete their self-assessment and claim the associated tax relief. 


If you need support with SEIS & EIS, contact us. 

more tips

Can You Claim Food as a Business Expense?

The golden rule when claiming business expenses is that the cost must be “wholly and exclusively” for business purposes. So, where do you stand when it comes to food and drink? After all, everyone needs these things to survive. When does it become an allowable expense? Read on to find out when your business can claim food and drink as an expense.

Self-Employed National Insurance Class 2 and Class 4 Rates

If you are sixteen and over, self-employed (sole trader or in a partnership) and making a profit befitting the ‘small profits threshold’, you are liable to pay national insurance.

Key UK Personal Tax Year Dates & Deadlines 2021/2022

Are deadlines creeping up on you? Spondoo is here to ensure you keep on top of things and take control again. These are the important dates you should take note of.

How To Set Up A Limited Company 

A Step-by-Step Guide  This is an easy-to-understand, step-by-step guide, to opening a successful limited company. But before we dive in, let’s check the legality surrounding it. 

Accountants in Haslemere, Surrey

We are qualified accountants providing personal and professional services for start-ups, established companies and individuals in and around the Halsemere area in Surrey. With the rise in technology, we have embraced the digitisation of accounting using efficient digital accounting tools to offer reliable services to our customers. Our goal remains to get our clients the best accounting and taxation services at the most affordable rates.

Onsite Canteen and Lunch Vouchers - Are They Taxable?

The provision of food and drink to an employee by their employer is a lovely thing to do. Eventually, it promotes teamwork, loyalty, a sense of belonging and even improves productivity. Taking it at face value makes it look like a simple act of kindness. However, unless it is done correctly, it can cause tax and national insurance compliance issues for the employer.
1 2 3 40
Information provided on the site is merely guidance that may change in line with UK law and regulations. Users must not consider this to be financial advice or their sole resource when making any financial decision. Spondoo is a trading name for Accounting SQL Limited, authorised & license accounting firm under the Institute of Financial Accountants.
© Copyright 2023 - Spondoo - All Rights Reserved
How, can we help?
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram