Call for Assistance: 02033 259 341
Spondoo Accounting
Call for Assistance: 02033 259 341
Spondoo Accounting

I have invested in an EIS, or SEIS business, when and how do I get my tax relief?

September 1, 2022
After making the investment you should ensure that you receive your share certificate like any other equity investment.
The company will however need to give you a document known as the S-EIS3 certificate that they receive from HMRC. You will need this document before you can claim your tax relief.
It is important to note that the company will not be able to provide your S-EIS3 certificate until they have their minimum trading requirements and submitted their Compliance Statement to HMRC.
Their minimum trading requirement before they can issue your S-EIS3 certificate for SEIS is the earlier of 4 months trading or spending 70% of the capital raised, and for EIS it is 4 months of trading.
If this is not received by 31 January following the tax year you made the investment you will need to file your return without claiming the relief. Once the S-EIS3 certificate is received, you can then claim the relief via an amended return.
For help getting your Advanced Assurance, please register here: or reach out to us on WhatsApp for personalised guidance on our SEIS and EIS services at +(44) 7395 534661.

more tips

Can You Claim Food as a Business Expense?

The golden rule when claiming business expenses is that the cost must be “wholly and exclusively” for business purposes. So, where do you stand when it comes to food and drink? After all, everyone needs these things to survive. When does it become an allowable expense? Read on to find out when your business can claim food and drink as an expense.

Self-Employed National Insurance Class 2 and Class 4 Rates

If you are sixteen and over, self-employed (sole trader or in a partnership) and making a profit befitting the ‘small profits threshold’, you are liable to pay national insurance.

Key UK Personal Tax Year Dates & Deadlines 2021/2022

Are deadlines creeping up on you? Spondoo is here to ensure you keep on top of things and take control again. These are the important dates you should take note of.

How To Set Up A Limited Company 

A Step-by-Step Guide  This is an easy-to-understand, step-by-step guide, to opening a successful limited company. But before we dive in, let’s check the legality surrounding it. 

Accountants in Haslemere, Surrey

We are qualified accountants providing personal and professional services for start-ups, established companies and individuals in and around the Halsemere area in Surrey. With the rise in technology, we have embraced the digitisation of accounting using efficient digital accounting tools to offer reliable services to our customers. Our goal remains to get our clients the best accounting and taxation services at the most affordable rates.

Onsite Canteen and Lunch Vouchers - Are They Taxable?

The provision of food and drink to an employee by their employer is a lovely thing to do. Eventually, it promotes teamwork, loyalty, a sense of belonging and even improves productivity. Taking it at face value makes it look like a simple act of kindness. However, unless it is done correctly, it can cause tax and national insurance compliance issues for the employer.
1 2 3 40
Information provided on the site is merely guidance that may change in line with UK law and regulations. Users must not consider this to be financial advice or their sole resource when making any financial decision. Spondoo is a trading name for Accounting SQL Limited, authorised & license accounting firm under the Institute of Financial Accountants.
© Copyright 2023 - Spondoo - All Rights Reserved
How, can we help?
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram