Call for Assistance: 02033 259 341
Spondoo Accounting
Call for Assistance: 02033 259 341
Spondoo Accounting

Non-UK Organisations - How to setup and operate a branch in the United Kingdom?

July 18, 2023
First, you need to notify Companies House by completing the Form OS IN01 here (
Yes, in the 21st century this form still needs to be posted to the following addresses based on whether or not you are registering your branch in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland:

England and Wales:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Crown Way, Cardiff, Wales, CF14 3UZ.
DX 33050 Cardiff.


The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Fourth floor, Edinburgh Quay 2,
139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9FF.
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1.

Northern Ireland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Second Floor, The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street,
Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8BG.
DX 481 N.R. Belfast 1.

The registration of your branch costs £20 and this fee can only be paid to Companies House via postal order or cheque. Note – Spondoo Accountants can support you to make this payment.

Once the branch is registered with Companies House you will need to:

  • Ensure you are correctly registered with HM Revenue & Customs
  • Keep separate accounting / bookkeeping records for you UK branch
  • Depending on your UK turnover, you may need to register for VAT
  • Comply with PAYE and workplace pensions rules for UK staff
  • File accounts and corporation tax returns each year to HMRC
  • Incorporate the UK branch income & expenses in your home country statutory accounting processes

At Spondoo Accountants we can support you with:

  • Setting up your UK branch (include help paying the associated registration fees)
  • Obtaining a UK bank account or use our banking escrow services
  • UK tax representative services
  • UK directorships services
  • Registration for VAT
  • Registration for PAYE and a Workplace/Stakeholder Pensions
  • Ongoing bookkeeping, payroll and VAT compliance
  • Year-end accounts, corporation tax and statutory audits
  • Expatriate tax planning
Please get in contact on WhatsApp Tax Support Line +44 7395 534661 for more information or make contact at

more tips

Can You Claim Food as a Business Expense?

The golden rule when claiming business expenses is that the cost must be “wholly and exclusively” for business purposes. So, where do you stand when it comes to food and drink? After all, everyone needs these things to survive. When does it become an allowable expense? Read on to find out when your business can claim food and drink as an expense.

Self-Employed National Insurance Class 2 and Class 4 Rates

If you are sixteen and over, self-employed (sole trader or in a partnership) and making a profit befitting the ‘small profits threshold’, you are liable to pay national insurance.

Key UK Personal Tax Year Dates & Deadlines 2021/2022

Are deadlines creeping up on you? Spondoo is here to ensure you keep on top of things and take control again. These are the important dates you should take note of.

How To Set Up A Limited Company 

A Step-by-Step Guide  This is an easy-to-understand, step-by-step guide, to opening a successful limited company. But before we dive in, let’s check the legality surrounding it. 

Accountants in Haslemere, Surrey

We are qualified accountants providing personal and professional services for start-ups, established companies and individuals in and around the Halsemere area in Surrey. With the rise in technology, we have embraced the digitisation of accounting using efficient digital accounting tools to offer reliable services to our customers. Our goal remains to get our clients the best accounting and taxation services at the most affordable rates.

Onsite Canteen and Lunch Vouchers - Are They Taxable?

The provision of food and drink to an employee by their employer is a lovely thing to do. Eventually, it promotes teamwork, loyalty, a sense of belonging and even improves productivity. Taking it at face value makes it look like a simple act of kindness. However, unless it is done correctly, it can cause tax and national insurance compliance issues for the employer.
1 2 3 40
Information provided on the site is merely guidance that may change in line with UK law and regulations. Users must not consider this to be financial advice or their sole resource when making any financial decision. Spondoo is a trading name for Accounting SQL Limited, authorised & license accounting firm under the Institute of Financial Accountants.
© Copyright 2023 - Spondoo - All Rights Reserved
How, can we help?
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram