Call for Assistance: 02033 259 341
Spondoo Accounting
Call for Assistance: 02033 259 341
Spondoo Accounting

Stock transfer forms (Form J30) - Download fillable form

May 27, 2021

A stock transfer form records the transfer of fully paid shares from one shareholder to another. Stamp Duty is paid on a stock transfer form if you use a stock transfer to buy stocks and shares for more than £1,000 

How to fill / complete the Stock Transfer Form 

When filling out a stock transfer form, you must give all the details of the following: 

1. Sale 

Following the sale, give details of: 

  • Buyer 
  • Seller 
  • Share being transferred– the quantity, class, and type, for example, 100 ordinary shares, ABC Limited) 


You must provide the value of what you paid for the shares in: 

  • Cash 
  • Debt 
  • Other stock and shares 

 When considering Stamp Duty the value of what you paid for the shares is referred to as the chargeable consideration 

If the transfer is exempt from Stamp Duty or includes no chargeable consideration, you need to complete one of these two certificates on the back of the stock transfer form: 

Certificate 1

Complete Certificate 1 if the: 

  • The consideration you give for the shares is £1,000 or less. 
  • Transfer does not form part of a transaction or series of transactions where the total exceeds £1,000. 

Certificate 2

Complete Certificate 2 if the: 

  • The transfer is exempt from Stamp Duty. For instance, if the transfers are related to a divorce or the dissolution of a civil partnership. 
  • Consideration given is not chargeable. 

Do not fill in either certificate if you do not give your shares any consideration or if you intend to claim relief from Stamp Duty. When claiming a stamp duty relief, you must send the completed stock transfer form, together with details of the type of relief – to HMRC. 

Download and edit the Stock transfer Form

Stock transfer form (Form-J30) PDF

Stock transfer form (Form-J30) Doc

more tips

Can You Claim Food as a Business Expense?

The golden rule when claiming business expenses is that the cost must be “wholly and exclusively” for business purposes. So, where do you stand when it comes to food and drink? After all, everyone needs these things to survive. When does it become an allowable expense? Read on to find out when your business can claim food and drink as an expense.

Self-Employed National Insurance Class 2 and Class 4 Rates

If you are sixteen and over, self-employed (sole trader or in a partnership) and making a profit befitting the ‘small profits threshold’, you are liable to pay national insurance.

Key UK Personal Tax Year Dates & Deadlines 2021/2022

Are deadlines creeping up on you? Spondoo is here to ensure you keep on top of things and take control again. These are the important dates you should take note of.

How To Set Up A Limited Company 

A Step-by-Step Guide  This is an easy-to-understand, step-by-step guide, to opening a successful limited company. But before we dive in, let’s check the legality surrounding it. 

Accountants in Haslemere, Surrey

We are qualified accountants providing personal and professional services for start-ups, established companies and individuals in and around the Halsemere area in Surrey. With the rise in technology, we have embraced the digitisation of accounting using efficient digital accounting tools to offer reliable services to our customers. Our goal remains to get our clients the best accounting and taxation services at the most affordable rates.

Onsite Canteen and Lunch Vouchers - Are They Taxable?

The provision of food and drink to an employee by their employer is a lovely thing to do. Eventually, it promotes teamwork, loyalty, a sense of belonging and even improves productivity. Taking it at face value makes it look like a simple act of kindness. However, unless it is done correctly, it can cause tax and national insurance compliance issues for the employer.
1 2 3 39
Information provided on the site is merely guidance that may change in line with UK law and regulations. Users must not consider this to be financial advice or their sole resource when making any financial decision. Spondoo is a trading name for Accounting SQL Limited, authorised & license accounting firm under the Institute of Financial Accountants.
© Copyright 2023 - Spondoo - All Rights Reserved
How, can we help?
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram