Paying employers PAYE
As an employer, you must register for PAYE and pay your PAYE bill to HMRC by the deadline. Your PAYE bill will be inclusive of:
- Employee Income Tax deductions
- Class 1 and 1B National Insurance
- Class 1A National Insurance on termination awards and sporting testimonials
- Student Loan repayments
- Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) deductions
- Apprenticeship Levy payments if you or your employers are connected to, or have an annual pay bill of more than £3 million
However, you will have to pay for the following separately:
- Class 1A National Insurance on work benefits given to your employees.
- PAYE Settlement Agreements.
PAYE bill payment deadline
Your PAYE bill must be paid to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) by:
- Monthly payments: 22nd of the next tax month.
- Quarterly payments: 22nd after the end of the quarter, for example, you must pay by 22 June for the 6 March to 5 June quarter.