If Spondoo runs your bookkeeping, you should have agreed on the dates in the month that you are due to receive bookkeeping reports that include your Recon & your Bills to Pay Reports.
In line with your agreed bookkeeping dates, our team will go into your chosen accounting software to do the following:
- Process & post your purchase invoices upload to AutoEntry, HubDoc or Zoho AutoScan
- Reconcile your bank statement lines against these invoices
- Post any agreed/require journals
This report contains a list of bank statement lines that either did not have an invoice for reconciling against, or where we found an invoice but require a little more information before we can reconcile.
What you need to do:
- Review the Recon Report and upload any missing invoices to AutoEntry, HubDoc or Zoho AutoScan – try to let us know you have uploaded the document against the relevant line on the recon report.
- Where you do not have an invoice let us know what the transaction relates to against the relevant line on the recon report.
Note – if we are asking for invoices that you know that you have already uploaded to AutoEntry, HubDoc or Zoho AutoScan please can you give us these documents. We will investigate the reason why we are requesting this invoice, despite you uploading the document already.
Bill to Pay Report
This report contains a list of bills/purchase invoices where our bookkeepers could not find a corresponding payment out of your bank statement. This report should only contain genuine invoices that remain unpaid at the date/time you are receiving the report.
What you need to do:
- We need to ensure that the report only contains genuine unpaid invoices. If you notice the report contains an invoice that you already paid, please let us know the date of the payment and the bank account you paid it from against the relevant line on the Bills to Pay Report.
Why do bills/invoices appear on the Bill to Pay report incorrectly?
The main reasons for bills/invoices incorrectly appearing on the Bill to Pay report include:
- Duplicated Invoices – where a previous version of the invoice has already been reconciled against the payment in your accounting system. In this scenario, please ensure to let us know against the line on the report we send you
- Paying for business costs personally – it may be that you or another director has paid for the business expense personally, so your Spondoo bookkeeper cannot see the payment on your business bank account. When this occurs, please tell us to know you have paid for this personally against the relevant line on the report. Following this confirmation, our team will record a payment transaction against your Director’s Loan Account to track the money owed to you or another director in respect of these costs.
- Old Invoices you no longer intend to pay – where you do not intend to pay a bill in the report, please let us know this in the report we send you. We will write off the expense to ensure it no longer appears in the reports.
If you can have further questions on your bookkeeping process, please contact us on:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 02033 259 341
WhatsApp – +44 7395 534661